Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Warrior Design 2

So right after I put up the last post a friend called me up and I had him take a look at it. I started talking about the character and he said something like, "Wait a minute. That's a girl!?" I then looked at it and said , "Wait a minute. That's not a girl!" If you've checked out previous posts you'll see I tend to add somewhat masculine features to many of the girls i draw. I have no idea why.
I forgot to mention in the last post that I purposefully bulked her up. I figure if she's really a warrior she should have a frame that's capable of swinging that big sword around. She should also have armor that's functional and it should look like it's actually protecting her. The problem is if I stick with this idea 100% I will get some one who is unidentifiable as a female which I don't want. So I don't want this but at the same time I don't want this and I certainly don't want this.
Anyway these pics were my attempt to make her more feminine. As you can see I couldn't figure out what to do with her hair.




2 comments:

  1. I think they all look feminine. They all have narrow shoulders, breast and wide curved hips. So I disagree with your friend. I like the functional and simple armor and the round stone details on the shoulder and breast plate. The low hanging skirt is a nice detail that would be nice to animate. What I do like about the sketch is that you came up with different hair styles and looks. This type of progression is not often paid attention enough in comics (most characters look the same at the beginning and end of a book).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jorge Diaz! I feel honored that you would stop by and leave me a message. Yea just to be clear my friend was specifically talking about the picture in the first "Warrior Design" post.

    ReplyDelete