Sunday, November 8, 2009

Warrior Design

I'm really in the mood to make something lately and I'm thinking about working on a fight scene. I don't want to spend a bunch of time planning stuff out right now as I'm afraid it will kill the spontaneity and my desire to see this thing through. At the same time I want my character to look cool so I'll probably do a few passes on the design. Here's my first stab at something. I like the idea of a female warrior with a big sword (original I know). Her outfit's not working though. She looks like a female warrior going to the prom or something. Actually she looks a little like Chun Li yea?


After some frustration with working on the character I thought it might be fun to just jump to the sword. I'm pretty pleased with it. I like the idea of rounding the top off instead of giving it a point. I think it suggest that a sword this big would most likely be used for chopping and not stabbing. There's a jewel in the hilt hopefully that means there's going to be some Lion-O action going on.






Here I took another stab at the character. You can see i pretty much scrapped everything but the physique. This feels more like a step in the right direction. I like the idea of a light weight armor. I would still like to get more variety in materials. Maybe I can add more cloth and mix up the armor with some areas chain mail.

1 comment:

  1. She is super pissed and I like that. Also digging the 2nd pose. she's so muscular she runs the risk of looking mannish, but I think she's steering clear of that so far. Good work! I would consider softening up the jawline just a little in the final.

    ReplyDelete